Maine police: Man says prostitute owes 10 minutes
Man called police to complain that the woman he'd hired shorted him ten minutes
OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine — Police in Maine say a man called them to complain a prostitute hadn't given him his money's worth — so they arrested him.
Police say New Hampshire resident Scott Pipher was arrested this week. The 34-year-old is charged with engaging a prostitute.
New Hampshire's The Portsmouth Herald newspaper (http://bit.ly/TFV8Ox) reported Wednesday the police investigation started in the spring.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine, police say Pipher called them March 25 to complain a woman he'd hired "shorted him by 10 minutes."
Police say their investigation also led to the arrests of two women believed to be prostitutes contacted by Pipher through a website.
Pipher is scheduled to be arraigned in Maine District Court in Biddeford next week. Telephone calls to numbers listed for him in Portsmouth, N.H., have gone unanswered.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform