Chicago man stabs bar patron, throws feces in police station
Suspect attacked the victim's throat, chin and hands before another patron entered and held the suspect until police arrived
By PoliceOne Staff
WRIGLEYVILLE, Ill. — Police arrested a man early Sunday morning for attacking another man in a sports bar bathroom with a broken beer bottle.
Gregg A. Greaves, 23, attacked the victim in the throat, chin and hands before another patron entered the bathroom and held Greaves until police arrived, according to the police report.
Greaves was then taken to the police station, where he refused to wear pants, defecated in his hand, and threw the matter onto the station floor, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Greaves' defense attorney Kevin McCubbin said, "All I've got to tell you is there's two sides to it. We will fight this.”
Greaves was charged with aggravated battery causing great bodily harm, according to the article. Judge Edward Harmening ordered Greaves be held in lieu of $500,000 bail during a Monday hearing.
The victim of the stabbing was treated at a nearby hospital and later released.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic