'Cannibal cop' hungry for bail
He's been denied bail by three judges while awaiting next year's trial
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Alleged NYPD cannibal wannabe Gilberto Valle is asking a federal appeals court to do what three judges have already refused — grant him bail while he awaits trial next year on charges he plotted online to kidnap women and make them into meals.
While Valle's chats on darkfetishnet.com are "deeply disturbing to people uninitiated to the world of sexual fantasy that exists on the Internet," there's no proof he intended to carry out his "sick (but perfectly legal) fantasies," his lawyer Julia Gatto wrote the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 'Cannibal cop' hungry for bail
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help