RI man, wife charged with DUI on same night
The husband was arrested for the same charge when he went to pick up his wife
LINCOLN, R.I. — Rhode Island State Police say a husband and wife both face charges of driving under the influence after they were stopped separately on the same night.
Police say 43-year-old Stephanie Souza, of Warwick, was stopped in Cranston on Friday, and a chemical test on her at the Lincoln barracks indicated she'd been driving under the influence.
They say 44-year-old Michael Souza was pulled over for a motor vehicle violation in Lincoln while driving to get his wife, then taken into custody. They say a chemical test on him at the Lincoln barracks indicated he was also driving under the influence.
A number for the Souzas could not be located Sunday and they could not be reached for comment.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds