Police suspended in death of Colo. elk, vigil held
One officer shot the elk because he thought it was injured, a second officer helped him carry it away
By Brooke Way
FOX - 31 KDVRs
BOULDER, Colo. — A candlelight vigil will take place Sunday night for the elk that was killed by two Boulder police officers on Mapleton Hill.
The Daily Camera reported that the vigil is set for 5:30 p.m. on Mountain View Road, to celebrate the life of the bull elk.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms