Police suspended in death of Colo. elk, vigil held
One officer shot the elk because he thought it was injured, a second officer helped him carry it away
By Brooke Way
FOX - 31 KDVRs
BOULDER, Colo. — A candlelight vigil will take place Sunday night for the elk that was killed by two Boulder police officers on Mapleton Hill.
The Daily Camera reported that the vigil is set for 5:30 p.m. on Mountain View Road, to celebrate the life of the bull elk.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy