'Cookie monster' steals iconic golden cookie, ransoms cookies for sick kids
"Otherwise it will end up with the Oscar [the Grouch] in the dustbin," the letter says
HANNOVER, Germany — The culprit behind the theft of a golden cookie from a German company's headquarters dressed as Cookie Monster for a picture accompanying a ransom note.
Bahlsen headquarters in Hannover said the Leibniz cookie, which has been on display outside the facility since 1913, was stolen during the weekend and chairman Werner Behlsen offered a $1,353.90 reward for information leading to its return, The Local.de reported Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman