Cops: Mom strips at school assembly
She's charged with seven counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of public lewdness
ALBANY, N.Y. — Police say a mother who got on stage and started to strip during an upstate New York school assembly is facing child endangerment and lewdness charges.
Albany police say 24-year-old Aydrea Meaders was arrested at North Albany Academy on Friday morning.
They say school staff told them the assembly was halted and the cafeteria cleared after Meaders began dancing onstage and took off some of her clothes.
She's charged with seven counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of public lewdness.
An Albany City Court clerk says Meaders was arraigned Friday afternoon and ordered held on $3,000 bail. She doesn't have a lawyer yet.
The North Albany Academy is a prekindergarten through eighth grade school in the Albany district.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds