Police arrest man with 100 bags of heroin in rectum
The man was arrested for outstanding warrants, but police found much more in the processing room
By Jim Norman
The New Jersey Record
ALPINE, N.J. — Two men were arrested on the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Alpine on Thursday, and police say that one of them – purported to be a Bloods gang member — was carrying 100 bags of heroin concealed in his rectum.
Both men were charged with possession of heroin with intent to distribute, said Lt. Michael J. Coppola of the Palisades Interstate Parkway Police.
The man allegedly carrying the heroin was identified as Rasoul H. Speight, 32, of Port Jervis, N.Y. The second man was identified as Gary T. Sylak, 26, of Shandaken, N.Y.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds