Ark. man stages attack to impress date
He had a friend dressed in black threaten them with a knife, and told police he fought him off
Kait 8 ABC
JONESBORO, AR — Jonesboro police say a man thought a staged attack would improve his chances with a woman he wanted to date. 26-year-old Jeffery Tyler Siegel and a woman claimed they had been attacked while walking back from the lookout pavilion.
The couple told police a man wearing all black and wielding a large knife came out of the woods and told Siegel, "You can go; but, your girlfriend stays." The woman reportedly ran away and called police. But Siegel stayed and fought the attacker. Or so he told police.
On Monday, Detective Mike Branscum interviewed Siegel's date. She said she felt that something was "not right" that night and that "Tyler was texting just before the assault," according to the police report. Siegel told the officer he "really liked" the woman and "felt that if he did something like this it would help him with his chances with her."
Full Story: JPD: Attack "victim" was trying to impress date
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman