Video: Fla. cop wrestles 7-foot alligator at school
She was worried children would be let out of school before trappers arrived to take the gator
By PoliceOne staff
ORLANDO, Fla. — A Fla. cop wrestled a 7-foot alligator away from school property on Thursday when she saw it trying to crawl under a chain-link fence.
Deputy Jessica McGregor, 29, found some rope and tied a noose around the gator to keep it from escaping into a nearby pond, according to NBC 41.
"I've lived in Lake County my whole life. Back in the day, you had these things come up on your land, and you just caught 'em up and threw 'em back in the nearest watering hole," McGregor said.
School was about to let out for the day, and the officer feared it would take a trapper nearly two hours to arrive to take care of the matter, according to the article.
Once the gator was tired of trying to escape, McGregor pinned his legs down and taped his jaws shut.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house