3 smoke pot in NJ police parking lot
The men lit up in a car while they waited for a friend who was picking up paperwork for an impounded car
TOTOWA, N.J. — State troopers in northern New Jersey didn't have to go far to make a pot bust. They didn't even have to get in their cruisers.
Police say they caught three men lighting up in a car in the parking lot of the barracks in Totowa (TOH'-toh-wah).
What gave the men away? Police say a trooper setting out for night patrol caught a whiff of marijuana.
The three men were charged with drug possession. Police say they were waiting for another man who was inside the station picking up paperwork for an impounded car. He was also charged with drug possession.
Authorities say for some reason, the men didn't expect to see a trooper in the parking lot of the state police barracks.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help