Conn. cops trick burglars by barking like dogs
K-9s were not available to scare the suspects from the home, so officers barked until they surrendered
Asian News International
NEW HAVEN, Conn. The New Haven Police Department had to improvise during a standoff to coax two suspects - wanted for stealing a car - out of a house by literally barking like dogs.
The standoff came after investigators said that the two suspects led them on a chase through Hamden into the Elm City.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Conn. cops trick burglars by barking like dogs
- Police Humor
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'