Crazed, naked Fla. man attacks, TASERs police
The officers were conducting a well-being check after the man made suicidal threats online
ORLANDO, Fla. — A man who made suicidal threats and threatened law enforcement officers on Facebook was arrested, but he would not go quietly, according to the Orlando Police Department.
Police said when officers went to Joshua Hilt’s apartment to do a well-being check, he was outside, and became angry when he was told why they were there.The officers said they told Hilt they needed to have a conversation with him, and if he needed to go to a doctor, they would take him.
Police said Hilt then became violent when they tried to place him under arrest. Police said at one point, Hilt tried to stick his thumb in the officer’s eye in order to gouge it out. The officer defended himself by punching Hilt in the face and told him to stop resisting. During the fight, Hilt punched the officer several times in the face, police said. Police said that also during the fight, Hilt was able to grab the other officer’s Taser and shocked the officer he was fighting.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help