Pregnant woman shoots finger, lies to cops
She told police she'd been shot during a robbery because she feared they would take her kids away
By Jim Balow
CHARLESTON, W.VA. — A Charleston woman accidentally shot herself in the finger, then lied to police and others about the incident because she was worried about her three small children, Charleston police said in a news conference Monday.
Police arrested the woman's boyfriend, whom they initially thought shot her, then charged him with several unrelated offenses, said Steve Cooper, chief of detectives.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pregnant woman shoots finger, lies to cops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash