Police investigate package containing goat's head at Wrigley Field
The package was addressed to Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts and was left outside Wrigley Field
CHICAGO — Chicago police are investigating after a severed goat's head in a box addressed to Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts was left outside Wrigley Field.
Ricketts is currently in negotiations with city officials and neighborhood business people about a $300 million renovation of Wrigley Field.
Cubs spokesman Julian Green says staff at Wrigley Field discovered the package Wednesday and immediately called police.
Police Department spokesman Mike Sullivan says officers responded to a call around 2:30 p.m. indicating an "intimidating package" had been received.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman