Teen steals big-rig of strawberries, hits several cars, blames zombies
He injured several people in the process, and told police he was being chased by zombies
By Sarah Burge
The Press Enterprise
TEMECULA, Calif. — A man who claimed he was being chased by zombies after crashing a stolen semi, striking several vehicles, was charged Wednesday, April 10, with a half-dozen felonies, including assault with a deadly weapon, court records say.
Jerimiah Hartline, 19, of Tennessee, pleaded not guilty to assault with a deadly weapon — a semi truck — reckless driving, hit-and-run, vehicle theft and other charges. He is being held with bail set at $500,000. The crash injured seven people and blocked Interstate 15 for hours in Temecula.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy