Police cite jogger for jogging backwards in traffic
A concerned citizen called 911, saying they feared for the man's safety as he dodged cars
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — A South Florida man who has been jogging backwards for years was cited by police for obstructing traffic.
Alex Mesa has provided YouTube material for tourists on South Beach for the last six years. Mesa's Saturday outing in South Beach caused someone to call the police. A Miami Beach Police officer issued Mesa a $77.50 citation for obstructing traffic. The jogger was not pleased.
"You can run backwards, you can run forward, you can run on your hands, but you can't run in the middle of the street, and you can't run in between traffic," said Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez, "and that's what this call stemmed from. It was from a concerned citizen that called 911."
Full Story: Backwards jogger cited for obstructing traffic
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds