Video: Woman strips at State House conference
For unknown reasons, the woman showed up and peeled off her clothes in front of a crowd before police took her into custody
COLUMBIA, S.C.— A woman who, for unknown reasons, stripped down to her bra and panties during a news conference at South Carolina's capital building was taken into custody Tuesday morning.
As one of the presenters was speaking, the woman appeared, dropped her clothes and purse and walked slowly toward those attending the event.
South Carolina Bureau of Protective Services officers assisted by other Midlands agencies escorted the woman away seconds after she approached. Authorities identified the woman as 42-year-old Monica Dixon. She does not have a permanent address.
Full Story: Half-naked woman arrested at State House event
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house