Calif. woman slaps cop to kick her tobacco habit
The woman was immediately arrested, but that was exactly her plan
SACRAMENTO — A woman’s plan to stop smoking involved allegedly slapping a Sacramento County deputy. Deputy Matt Campoy says it came out of nowhere as he left his shift at the Sacramento County Jail. A woman purposely blocking his way.
“All of a sudden, she stepped into me and slapped me in the face,” he said. “She told us that she needed to quit smoking,” Campoy said.
That woman, 31-year-old Etta Lopez, was immediately arrested. Lopez allegedly admitted she sat in front of the county jail for hours, intent on assaulting an officer to get arrested and be put in jail, where she would be forced to stop smoking cigarettes.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy