Suspect found locked in would-be getaway vehicle
The suspect filled the vehicle with stolen goods, but lost the keys and wasn't able to get out of the car
Click on Detroit
PORTAGE TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Police in Michigan's Upper Peninsula say they arrested a breaking and entering suspect after she ended up locked inside what would have been her getaway vehicle.
State police say troopers responded Monday to the Chamberlin's Inn, located in Mackinac County's Portage Township.
They found items including food, dishes and silverware had been stolen, and the 42-year-old woman suspected in the theft was trapped at the scene.
Police say she loaded up the vehicle, which had broken interior door latches, and apparently lost the keys to the vehicle. She had locked herself inside, and police say she would have needed the keys to roll down a window and open a door using an exterior handle.
The woman was held at the Mackinac County Jail, pending formal charges.
Reprinted with permission from Click on Detroit
- Police Humor
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman