Woman arrested after calling police on her pimp
The prostitute thought she had plenty of time before police showed up, so she continued on with her business
WEST HAVEN, Conn. — A woman has been charged with prostitution in Connecticut after calling police to complain about how she was being treated by a pimp.
Police say they did not find the pimp when they arrived at a Super 8 Motel in West Haven on Sunday, but they did find 35-year-old Jennifer Lowery with a man they describe as a customer.
Police charged Lowery with prostitution and 60-year-old Ricard Burford of New Haven with patronizing a prostitute.
Police say Lowery told them she thought it would take police longer to show up, so she decided to conduct some business while waiting.
Attempts to reach the pair for comment Thursday morning were unsuccessful. There was no answer Thursday at a phone number listed for Burford, and no phone listing for Lowery.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman