Video: Kangaroo leads Fla. police on pursuit
Police and a wildlife conservation team worked together to eventually subdue the animal
By Pierce Sharpe
DADE CITY, Fla. — A 5-foot-tall, 200-pound male kangaroo on the loose north of Dade City since Saturday night was tranquilized, TASERed and tackled before being captured Sunday.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office received a couple of calls Saturday when people spotted a kangaroo on the loose, but the marsupial eluded deputies that night. Police had an easier time finding the brownish-red animal Sunday, but the creature still alluded efforts to capture it.
Deputies eventually corned the pouched perpetrator, waiting for backup and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.Over the next couple of hours, the kangaroo alternated between resting and checking the perimeter of its enclosure, either looking for a way out or making sure no one was coming in.
Full Story: VIDEO: Kangaroo leads police on wild chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house