Calif. man jailed for throwing spear at moving car
Jeffrey Allen Jones was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon
By Bill Lindelof
The Sacramento Bee
SACRAMENTO — A man has been arrested in Sacramento on suspicion of spearing a vehicle.
Sacramento police said they arrested Jeffrey Allen Jones, 56, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday around Auburn Boulevard and Annadale Lane. Officers were called to the area by a citizen who said a man standing in the road had thrown a spear at a passing vehicle.
The spear struck the front fender, becoming lodged in the vehicle, according to a police activity log.
Copyright 2013 The Sacramento Bee
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman