Calif. man jailed for throwing spear at moving car
Jeffrey Allen Jones was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon
By Bill Lindelof
The Sacramento Bee
SACRAMENTO — A man has been arrested in Sacramento on suspicion of spearing a vehicle.
Sacramento police said they arrested Jeffrey Allen Jones, 56, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday around Auburn Boulevard and Annadale Lane. Officers were called to the area by a citizen who said a man standing in the road had thrown a spear at a passing vehicle.
The spear struck the front fender, becoming lodged in the vehicle, according to a police activity log.
Copyright 2013 The Sacramento Bee
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms