Video: Texas cop attacked by monkey at traffic stop
The rookie ran back to his Sgt. to tell him he'd been bit by a monkey while writing a citation
By PoliceOne Staff
ARANSAS PASS, Texas — A rookie police officer was caught off guard Wednesday when a pet monkey jumped on him as he wrote a traffic citation.
Keith Moore, a 21-year-old who had been with the force only three months, handed a pen to a traffic violator, when a monkey jumped up from the back seat and attacked his hand, according to kristv.com
"His monkey attacked me!" Moore told another officer who was still in their squad. "He's got a monkey and it attacked my hand. I'm not even kidding.”
The officer sustained a minor scratch from the brief encounter and the driver was given a citation for speeding.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer