Man pretending to have gun arrested at Texas theater
Darrell Reynolds made gestures with his hands to look like guns and created shooting noises, terrifying movie-goers
By Rashi Vats
BRYAN, Texas — Witnesses are describing a tense situation at a local movie theater that led to the arrest of a man accused of making a gun hand gesture. Dozens of movie-goers watching a showing of 'World War Z' at the Premiere Cinema in Bryan Friday night left in a panic after a man allegedly made the gestures.
Police say Darrell Reynolds, 54, from Bryan walked into the theatre and stayed for about a minute. Reynolds was arrested for disorderly conduct in the lobby by a police officer on duty. Reynolds bonded out of jail, but police say his name has been flagged for security purposes.
"It will not be tolerated in Bryan. It is an offensive gesture. It alarmed people and we took the appropriate actions,” said Officer Kelley McKethan with the Bryan Police Department.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash