Man pretending to have gun arrested at Texas theater
Darrell Reynolds made gestures with his hands to look like guns and created shooting noises, terrifying movie-goers
By Rashi Vats
BRYAN, Texas — Witnesses are describing a tense situation at a local movie theater that led to the arrest of a man accused of making a gun hand gesture. Dozens of movie-goers watching a showing of 'World War Z' at the Premiere Cinema in Bryan Friday night left in a panic after a man allegedly made the gestures.
Police say Darrell Reynolds, 54, from Bryan walked into the theatre and stayed for about a minute. Reynolds was arrested for disorderly conduct in the lobby by a police officer on duty. Reynolds bonded out of jail, but police say his name has been flagged for security purposes.
"It will not be tolerated in Bryan. It is an offensive gesture. It alarmed people and we took the appropriate actions,” said Officer Kelley McKethan with the Bryan Police Department.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert