Police: Boy, 12, robs lemonade stand with BB gun
The boys "got into a wrestling match over the money box" before the older boy took $30 and ran away
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. — Authorities say a 12-year-old boy used a BB gun to rob a 10-year-old who was running a lemonade stand in western Pennsylvania.
Johnstown Sgt. Patrick Goggin says the 12-year-old approached the stand Monday with what appeared to be a handgun in his pocket and threatened the younger boy. Goggin says the boys "got into a wrestling match over the money box" before the older boy took $30 and ran away.
Three other children chased the boy home and helped police track him down. That's when police determined the boy had a BB gun.
Police aren't identifying the suspect because he'll be charged in juvenile court where most cases remain confidential.
Johnstown is about 60 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police