Robbers steal $200K with 'white' masks, cop clothes
The 3 black men were inspired by the masks used in Ben Affleck's 'The Town'
By Selim Algar
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Somebody deserves an Oscar for special effects.
A crafty trio of black robbers bought lifelike disguises from a special-effects firm to transform themselves into white cops for a Queens heist — and their get-ups were so good, their victims had no clue they were in masks.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend