Man who sent selfie to replace mugshot is arrested in Fla.
The police department has posted on its Facebook page a new mugshot of the suspect smiling
LIMA, Ohio — A man Ohio police say sent them a selfie because he didn't like the mugshot they were using has been arrested in the Florida panhandle.
Lima, Ohio, police say Donald "Chip" Pugh was arrested Tuesday in Century, Florida, and is being held on another warrant out of Georgia.
Police in Ohio say Pugh also is wanted for failing to appear in court and is a person of interest in several other cases.
Lima police say Pugh sent them a picture of himself in a sport coat and sunglasses along with a message stating, "Here is a better photo that one is terrible."
The police department has posted on its Facebook page a new mugshot of a smiling Pugh after his arrest in Florida.
Pugh can't be reached for comment while he's in custody.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds