Woman uses daughter as human shield from police
The woman was reportedly driving drunk with children in her car
TULSA — A woman used her 8-year-old daughter as a human shield when police tried to arrest her, according to police.
According to a police report, 26-year-old Elizabeth Cox was drunk at the Canyon Creek Apartments on Saturday. Neighbors reported she was driving around the complex with children in the vehicle, and other reported that she caused a disturbance and assaulted people.
When they tried to arrest her for public intoxication, she forced her daughter between her and officers to prevent them from taking her into custody, the report says.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help