Woman uses daughter as human shield from police
The woman was reportedly driving drunk with children in her car
TULSA — A woman used her 8-year-old daughter as a human shield when police tried to arrest her, according to police.
According to a police report, 26-year-old Elizabeth Cox was drunk at the Canyon Creek Apartments on Saturday. Neighbors reported she was driving around the complex with children in the vehicle, and other reported that she caused a disturbance and assaulted people.
When they tried to arrest her for public intoxication, she forced her daughter between her and officers to prevent them from taking her into custody, the report says.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend