Video: 10 squads pursue fleeing Ind. moped
The low-speed chases ended when the driver attempted to flee on foot and was TASERed
By Kate Taylor
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Police said a man is facing seven charges after he led police on a moped pursuit Friday night near the southeast side of Fort Wayne.
According to Fort Wayne Police Department spokesperson Sgt. Mark Brooks, an officer pulled over Lagrant Smith, 40, who was driving a moped near Eckart and Winter Streets around 10:15 p.m. Friday.
Brooks said Smith initially pulled over but then refused to speak with the officer and took off on his moped. More than 10 FWPD squad cars followed Smith on his moped. The pursuit led police around a large side of southeast Fort Wayne, according to Brooks.
Full Story: Video: 10 police cars chase moped
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court