Police: Fla. man threatened to kill wife over cat litter
Avelino Urbano Garon, 59, was arrested for threatening his wife with a knife over whose job it was to empty the litter box
By Julie Murphy
The Daytona Beach News-Journal
PALM COAST, Fla. — A Palm Coast man is accused of threatening to kill his wife after the couple argued about whose responsibility it is to change the cat litter, according to a Flagler County sheriff's report.
Avelino Urbano Garon, 59, was arrested Aug. 18 and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, the report states.
“Avelino was becoming angrier and threatening to throw the cat against the wall,” according to the report. He then “took possession of a knife” and said to his wife: “Do you want me to kill you? I will kill you.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests