Audio: Teen calls 911 to report 'massive freaking' spider
Though police normally wouldn't respond to such a call, they decided to help the girl out in this case
By Paul Craig
FOREST GROVE, Ore. — A teenage girl in Forest Grove called 911 not for an emergency, but instead for a spider. Police said it happened during the night of Aug. 16.
"I'm home alone and there is a giant spider on the back of my couch, and I'm talking giant. I've never seen a spider this big and I have no idea what to do," she told the slightly perplexed dispatcher, according to 911 records.
An officer did respond to the scene and estimated the spider was about 2 inches in diameter. Modern police equipment was not necessary to handle the eight-legged perp in this case. The officer disposed of the spider with an old-fashioned rolled up newspaper, police said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help