Ark. SWAT kill 107-year-old man in standoff
SWAT released gas into the room when negotiations failed, prompting the elderly man to fire, and was shot dead
PINE BLUFF, Ark. — Police in the southeast Arkansas city of Pine Bluff say a 107-year-old man is dead after SWAT officers shot back at him during a standoff at a home.
Pine Bluff Lt. David Price tells KATV that police officers called to the home Saturday were told Monroe Isadore had pointed a weapon at two people there.
Officers had the threatened pair leave the home and approached a bedroom. Police say Isadore shot through the door at officers but missed hitting them.
More officers were called, including a SWAT team that inserted a camera into the room and confirmed Isadore had a handgun.
Police say SWAT officers released gas into the room when negotiations didn't work. They say Isadore shot at officers and they fired back, killing him.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen