Woman caught smuggling cocaine in 'baby bump'
A female authority grew suspicious to the woman's strange reaction when asked how far along the baby was
By Heather Saul
Canada — Canadian authorities have arrested a woman for attempting to smuggle two kilograms of cocaine concealed under a fake pregnancy stomach.
The Canadian national was searched by police at Botega's International Airport, after she allegedly reacted aggressively when asked by a security official how far into her pregnancy she was whilst trying to board a flight to Toronto.
Her reaction aroused the suspicion of a female official, who touched her stomach and realised it was "too hard and extremely cold", according to Colonel Esteban Arias Melo, the deputy director of Colombia's police anti-narcotics section.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation