Cops: Woman stabs roommate over Eagles music
54-year-old Vernett Bader is charged with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — Authorities say a South Carolina woman stabbed her roommate after getting fed up with the man listening to the Eagles and watching TV with his brother.
North Charleston police say 54-year-old Vernett Bader is charged with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature after the Monday night scuffle. It was not known if Bader had an attorney.
An incident report says police responded to a report of a stabbing and found Bader's 64-year-old roommate with stab wounds to his arm, hand and elbow.
The report says Bader grew angry as the roommate was listening to the Eagles and watching television with his brother. Police say she got a knife from a kitchen drawer and, when the men wrestled it away, went back and got another.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help