Man tortured, whipped girl to beat of ‘Blurred Lines’
The man was punishing the girl, a relative, for being lazy, by making her shovel dirt, hold weights
MOLINO, Fla. — A Molino man is facing charges of child abuse after allegedly hitting a child with a switch for 40 minutes, at times to the beat of the Robin Thicke song “Blurred Lines.”
Steven Grady Fillingim, 40, of the 5300 block of Chestnut Road, was arrested Sunday after Escambia County Sheriff’s responded to a child abuse complaint, according to Fillingim’s arrest report.
An unidentified child at the scene, who officials say is a relative of Fillingim, told the responding officer that Fillingim had called her lazy and struck her in the face using his hands and a belt because she had not vacuumed bugs off of the carpet, the report said.
Fillingim then made the victim hold a 20-pound weight in front of her and an 8-pound weight behind her. She was then made to shovel dirt for an hour and a half before being allowed to go to bed at 1:30 a.m.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman