Church volunteers thwart father-son robbers at Bingo
One of the men pulled the trigger, revealing that the gun was fake, and an unimpressed volunteer stepped in
By Michael Rosenfield
NASHUA, N.H. — A father and son have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a bingo game in Nashua, New Hampshire.
One of the bingo volunteers tells WBZ-TV he was counting money and getting payouts ready when the suspect came in to the bingo office.
The suspect, identified as 46-year-old Charles Preston, then allegedly flashed a gun and said ‘This ain’t a joke, put the (expletive) money in the bag.’” The volunteer says the church members were stunned.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform