Burglary suspect falls through ceiling in Calif.
He was hopping across roofs fleeing police after robbing a bank
SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco police have arrested a suspected bank burglar after he fell through the ceiling of an apartment and into someone's bedroom.
Police responded to an attempted burglary at the bank around 3:45 a.m. Friday. Police Chief Greg Suhr says the suspect got into the bank through a ventilation shaft, but was spotted by officers as he left.
KPIX-TV reports the roughly 230-pound suspect was then seen jumping between rooftops. He was taken into custody after crashing through an apartment ceiling.
The man hasn't been identified, but Suhr says he lives in the neighborhood.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests