Police called to home of 'gruesome' Halloween scene
Despite what neighbors think, police told the homeowner he can leave his realistic decorations up
By Karl Torp
MUSTANG, Okla. — Johnnie Mullins decided to get "gruesome" this Halloween. His yard features gravesites and ghosts up in a tree, but the real shocker is the fake dead body in the driveway. The dead body is placed in such a way that it looks like the garage door crushed its head.
The fake body even prompted a 911 call. Police and firefighters responded.
Mullins was told he wasn't breaking any laws and will continue to keep the phony body in place.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms