Police searching for man who stole 384 lbs. of meat
Surveillance video shows the perp using a shopping cart to haul away the marinated meat from a restaurant
CHICAGO — Chicago police are looking for a man who stole nearly 400 pounds of marinated meat last month from a restaurant on the city's North Side.
Restaurant manager Majid Mustafa said someone entered through the alley and slipped through an iron gate to gain entrance to the basement and the walk-in cooler where the restaurant's chef marinates the meat overnight.
Surveillance video from the alley shows the suspect unsuccessfully trying to haul the food away on a bike. He then finds a shopping cart and takes off with the cargo in tow.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash