Husband, son abducted woman to perform exorcism
The woman alerted her boyfriend of the abduction and he called police, who were waiting for the abductors when they got home
By Russell Golman
STOCKTON, Calif — A California woman says her estranged husband and son kidnapped her outside a Walmart, told her she was possessed by three devils, and took her to a church where a pastor performed an exorcism that made her physically sick.
Blanca Farias of Stockton, Calif., says she agreed on Sunday to meet her husband Jose Magana-Farias, 42, to discuss the fate of their marriage. They had separated in January.
Instead of going to a nearby coffee shop, however, Farias says Magana-Farias and their son Victor Farias, 20, threw her into a pickup truck and drove her to a church 47 miles away. When they arrived at the church in Bay Point, Calif., Farias says she was restrained and a pastor covered her in oil, some of which she was forced to swallow.
By the time Magana-Farias returned the woman to her home in Stockton, San Juan County deputies were waiting for them. Both men were charged with felony kidnapping, conspiracy to kidnap and false imprisonment, according to a sheriff’s deputy at the San Joaquin County Jail.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help