Texas cop missing 3 days found alive in Fla.
Police Sgt. Jeremy Ray Varnell was last seen having dinner Sunday after he ran a Marathon with friends, then disappeared
By Mark D. Wilson
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO — A North Texas police officer reported missing after the Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon on Sunday has been found.
San Antonio police said in a news release Wednesday morning that Flower Mound Police Sgt. Jeremy Ray Varnell, 43, was located in Lantana, which is about eight miles south of Denton.
San Antonio police worked with detectives from the North Texas town of Flower Mound to find Varnell, who had been missing since Sunday, according to a missing persons report filed with the San Antonio Police Department.
Varnell was in San Antonio with friends to run a marathon, the report said.
He was last seen having dinner with friends around 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
Police said Varnell was doing fine Wednesday morning and that his family had been contacted.
Copyright 2013 the San Antonio Express-News
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms