Ky. man attacks cop at cheerleading competition
48-year-old Clayton S. Weaver was told he couldn't bring his Starbuck's coffee into the venue
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Police say a 48-year-old man demanded to bring his Starbucks coffee into a local cheerleading competition — and when a law enforcement officer refused to allow it, he took matters into his own hands.
It happened on the morning of Saturday, Nov. 23, just after 9 a.m. at PRP High School. Police say 48-year-old Clayton S. Weaver was attending a cheerleading competition, when he was asked not to bring his Starbucks coffee into the venue.
According to the arrest report, Weaver became "verbally loud and combative" and told a nearby law enforcement officer, "I don't have to talk to you!" He also allegedly pushed the officer away.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police