Ky. man attacks cop at cheerleading competition
48-year-old Clayton S. Weaver was told he couldn't bring his Starbuck's coffee into the venue
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Police say a 48-year-old man demanded to bring his Starbucks coffee into a local cheerleading competition — and when a law enforcement officer refused to allow it, he took matters into his own hands.
It happened on the morning of Saturday, Nov. 23, just after 9 a.m. at PRP High School. Police say 48-year-old Clayton S. Weaver was attending a cheerleading competition, when he was asked not to bring his Starbucks coffee into the venue.
According to the arrest report, Weaver became "verbally loud and combative" and told a nearby law enforcement officer, "I don't have to talk to you!" He also allegedly pushed the officer away.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber