Ky. man attacks cop at cheerleading competition
48-year-old Clayton S. Weaver was told he couldn't bring his Starbuck's coffee into the venue
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Police say a 48-year-old man demanded to bring his Starbucks coffee into a local cheerleading competition — and when a law enforcement officer refused to allow it, he took matters into his own hands.
It happened on the morning of Saturday, Nov. 23, just after 9 a.m. at PRP High School. Police say 48-year-old Clayton S. Weaver was attending a cheerleading competition, when he was asked not to bring his Starbucks coffee into the venue.
According to the arrest report, Weaver became "verbally loud and combative" and told a nearby law enforcement officer, "I don't have to talk to you!" He also allegedly pushed the officer away.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy