Cops: Drunk woman smoking cigarette backwards had child, beer in car
Christy Bostic-Petrain was charged with DUI and child neglect
Palm Beach Post
VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — Florida woman is being held in jail without bail Tuesday, after deputies said she drove while drunk with a child in the car.
Deputies said they arrested Christy Bostic-Petrain, 38, of New Smyrna Beach, Fla., Monday morning. She was charged with DUI and child neglect, authorities said.
Deputies said they thought she was intoxicated when they saw her fumbling with her seat belt and smoking a cigarette backwards.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend