Cops: Drunk woman smoking cigarette backwards had child, beer in car
Christy Bostic-Petrain was charged with DUI and child neglect
Palm Beach Post
VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — Florida woman is being held in jail without bail Tuesday, after deputies said she drove while drunk with a child in the car.
Deputies said they arrested Christy Bostic-Petrain, 38, of New Smyrna Beach, Fla., Monday morning. She was charged with DUI and child neglect, authorities said.
Deputies said they thought she was intoxicated when they saw her fumbling with her seat belt and smoking a cigarette backwards.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house