Iowa man steals safe, leaves debit card at the scene
The victim told officers that someone kicked in the back door to their home and took a safe from one of the upstairs bedrooms
By Mitchell Schmidt
Iowa City Press-Citizen
IOWA CITY, IOWA — An Iowa City man accused of stealing a safe has been arrested after police say he left his debit card at the scene of the crime.
The victim told officers that someone kicked in the back door to their home and took a safe from one of the upstairs bedrooms. The safe contained about $2,000 in cash, a U.S. passport, digital camera and various documents, according to police complaints. Damage to the back door was estimated at about $250, police say.
A debit card belonging to 20-year-old Carloss D. Sanders was found at the scene, police say.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms