DC man in Santa suit shot with pellet gun
Video shows man start to say "Merry Christmas" and suddenly turn around, shouting in pain and saying he's been shot in the back with a pellet gun.
WASHINGTON — Police say a man dressed as Santa delivering toys in southeast Washington, D.C., was popped in the back with a pellet gun as he walked down the street.
A D.C. police statement says the man on Tuesday morning heard a popping sound and felt a sharp pain. He is recovering.
Video posted on the website of WJLA-TV shows the man waving and walking down the street and exclaiming "This is awesome."
He starts to say "Merry Christmas" when suddenly he turns around, shouts in pain and says he's been shot in the back with a pellet gun.
He was taken to a hospital but is OK.
The man's name was not released, but he says on the video he's glad no one else got hurt.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help