Police: Christmas night fight between sisters ends in stabbing
One sister is hospitalized and another is in jail after an argument over apple fritters ended in a stabbing
The Akron Beacon Journal
AKRON, Ohio — One sister is hospitalized and another is in jail after an argument over apple fritters ended in a stabbing.
Akron police say they were called to the 900 block of Springdale Street around 11:30 p.m. Christmas night for a reported stabbing.
Investigators say one sister was in the kitchen making apple fritters when two other sisters "started to play fight" over the treat.
At one point, police say, one sister pulled the hair of the other sister.
The sister whose hair was pulled, Contisha Q. Hayes, pulled out a knife and stabbed her sister, Tamara D. Delaney, 21, in the chest.
Delaney was taken to Akron City Hospital for treatment of what authorities say was non-lifethreating injuries.
Hayes, 21, of Callis Oval, has been charged with felonious assault.
She is in the Summit County Jail.
Copyright 2013 the Akron Beacon Journal
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms